You Are Reading

11

The White Knight of Gotham

Armand Monday, December 22, 2008

Picked up Harvey "Two-Face" Dent from XL-Shop just now. I was out with my sister when I decided to drop by XL. As I walked in, I could see Sam lifting up something from a box. "Aaa Armand, Two-Face sudah sampai, first batch!" I wasn't really planning to pick up anything today, let alone Two-Face as I was still contemplating whether I should get him or not. Impulse buy! Kinda hard to resist not picking this one up. The last Hot Toys figure (I think) from their Dark Knight series. Since I already had TDK Batman, Bank Robber Joker and Joker ver.1 (on the way), I might as well complete the whole set.

I just love the new packaging from Hot Toys. Gone were the shiny golden generic outer sleeve which in my opinion was o.k but it just looked to plain. The Bank Robber Joker was nice but I think this one takes the cake. On Harvey's side of the sleeve is a nice smooth surface with gloss finish, whereas Two-Face's side has the same texture surface from the previous TDK sleeves. Hot Toys really took the whole Two-Face thing all the way.

Two-Face is a bit light on the accessories department, sporting only an extra head sculpt of Harvey Dent, 2 interchangeable hands, 1 set of coins, his "I believe in Harvey Dent" badge, a Smith & Wesson 625 and an extra suit (pre-burned).

The pre-burned suit fits rather nicely and looks natural compared to the burned jacket. Maybe its due to the fact that the burned jacket uses 2 different materials. A PVC'ish material for the burned side and normal fabric on the other. I played around with it until I got the jacket to sit right.

I think Two-Face is a pretty decent figure. Maybe not as good as Bank Robber Joker (I might be a bit bias on this one cos I love the figure, hehe!) but is certainly up there with the greats. If you have extra cash lying around I suggest you get one. And if you're not a fan of the figure just get it anyway for the sake of completing your TDK Masterpiece line, hehehe!


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice review/pics! This one actually looks cooler than its preview pics.

Wld like to have one as well, but alas, my failure in getting the TDK-new batsuit figure will make my acquisition of Harvey quite pointless to say the least! heheh...will make do with my (only Hot Toys in my posession currently) BR Joker fr the time being.

Anonymous said...

I think the stock "HT two face" will come in Singapore this week..A must have masterpiece!!

LEon said...

I really the the picture taken. Nice and clear. On the side note, I always remember the actor acting in the movie "Thank you for smoking". He is a good choice for two face tho. :)

Little Plastic Man said...

Yippee...my next HT figures! Great pics Armand...as usual. But I must admit that the BR Joker still looks the best.

Armand said...

Thanks Rebel Collector. Sorry to hear you couldn't get your hand on the TDK Batman. I'd be more than happy to look out for the figure if you're still interested.

Anonymous said...

Rebel Collector - You may get it from Action City..

Armand said...

Buy Desmond buy! Must complete the collection, hehehe!

Armand said...

Aaron Eckhart was a good choice for Two-Face. He has that talent of portraying a good guy as well as being the baddie. Two Face indeed Leon!

Armand said...

Thanks Adrian! Yup, a must buy for any TDK fan. But yeah, like I said im a bit bias cos I really like BR Joker, hehehehe!

Shaun said...

Damn solid set of pix, Armand, thanks for sharing.

Armand said...

Thanks Shaun! Sharing is caring :)