You Are Reading

9

Monthly Purchases

Armand Tuesday, October 28, 2008

October is ending and so is my patience with my Hot Toys TDK Batman. I've been saving my cash to get the figure for almost a month now and still no sign of it. My store told me his shipment was running late hence the delay. So since I don't think I'll be getting Batman anytime soon, I decided to give in to my evils and purchase the Movie Realization Batman and Batpod from Bandai sooner that I had expected to get it.

I was planning to get the Batman and Batpod next month since I was saving up for Hot Toys TDK. Coincidentally General Kenobi from Sideshow which I had preordered had also arrived so got my hands on that too. I also went to pick up my comics, though a lot of my titles weren't in yet due to late shipment from the distributor. What's up with all this late deliveries anyway!? Oh well, at least I have something to look forward to next month. Hot Toys Ironman!

P.S: I'll post the pictures of the Batpod and General Kenobi later



9 comments:

Shaun said...

nice score on obi wan and the batpod, Armand. Strangely we haven't received Obi Wan to date. Did you guys get Aayla Secura already?

Anonymous said...

Good score for your General Kenobi. Will go and check this figure at Simply Toys these few days. Have to see its trooper armour whether it is worth buying or not..Haha!!

Joshua said...

zOmg bro! OBI-WAN KENOBI in clone trooper armor!!! that's one of my targets on my list.....


pity i've got other priorities in ironman and bankrobber joker...


seriously drooling over your figure! Do post a review on obi-wan!!!!

cheers!

Armand said...

Thanks Shaun. I was pretty happy with the Bandai Batpod purchase, kinda eased the itch a bit of waiting for the TDK to arrive.

Oh really? I tot you guys would have gotten this figure before we did. And yes Aayla Secura is already in. I don't plan to get the figure tho, not a huge fan of her.

Armand said...

Thanks Des. I would strongly suggest you get the fig. The new Armored Figure body is a real upgrade from the Buck. The outfit hangs more naturally now, and surprisingly the armor doesn't really restrict Kenobi's movement. Although the legs can be a bit wobbly at times but only in deep stances, which I would suggest using the stand to do so.

I think the biggest improvement IMHO is the hand pegs. No more trying to fit the tiny hole onto the tiny peg when swapping hands. These look more like Medicom, with a hole in the arms and a long peg on the wrist of the hand. Swapping hands on a Star Wars Sideshow figure has never been more easy.

Seeing how well Kenobi is in the stormtrooper uniform, I can't hardly wait to get my hands on Sideshow's Stormtrooper.

Armand said...

When Sideshow first annouced the figure I was drooling too Joshua! Hahahaha! From a Star Wars fan to another Star Wars fan, I would strongly suggest you get the figure. A job well done to the people at Sideshow.

I'll try and post something by the end of the week Joshua.

P.S get the figure dude!!!

Anonymous said...

@Shaun - I think Simply Toys has not brought in the stock yet. So, TFH also has to wait..
@Armand - Thanks for your advice!

Joshua said...

yeah i will!

Armand said...

No problem Des, and Joshua; you'd better get it bro, hahaha!